- A working system to download software and create install media
- Bootable USB flash drive at least 8GB (ALL DATA WILL BE REMOVED FROM THIS DRIVE!) or a USB DVD-ROM and DVD-R media
- USB keyboard (or keyboard/mouse combo) – Windows 10 install media does not have the drivers for the keyboard and trackpad on the X205TA
Obtain and create install media
NOTICE: THE X205TA only supports 32-bit Windows 10! It will not allow you to install 64-bit
Go to https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10 to either:
- Download and use the media creation tool to create a bootable USB install drive
- Download the ISO file to create a bootable DVD-ROM
Follow instructions to create desired install media.
Install Windows 10
- Make sure the X205TA is off
- Connect the USB flash drive or USB DVD-ROM player with DVD.
- Connect the USB keyboard
- Start the X205TA and continue to press
F2to get into BIOS.
Secure Boot menu->
Secure Boot Controlset to
Disabled, otherwise, you may get a SECURE BOOT VIOLATION on boot.
Save & Exittab,
Save Chances and Exit)
- Lastly, while still in
Save & Exittab, under
Boot Override, select the USB flash drive or DVD-ROM drive.
Install as normal using tab and space to press UI buttons if you do not have a keyboard/mouse combo.
You will need to obtain a few Windows 10 32-bit drivers from ASUS support site. Minimum required are: