if you need to update the BIOS of your Aspire One A110 or A150, an USB key is required. In case the Aspire One does not start up properly, it will be necessary to use a second system to copy the BIOS update into the USB key. This document explains how to prepare and use the USB key to perform the update.
Make sure you download the correct BIOS for your specific product and use the following steps in the given order. Installing an incorrect BIOS update may cause serious damage to your computer system. Any failure due to incorrect use of these updates is at own risk. Our Customer Care representatives can guide you through the whole process in case of need.
The following procedure is only valid for the Aspire One (AO) A110 and (AO) A150. It should not be used for any other Acer product.
Use the following steps to to prepare the USB flash drive:
- Visit the Drivers and Manuals section of the Acer support website.
- Enter your Serial Number/SNID or search for your product by Model.
- Select BIOS/Firmware.
- Click the Download link for the file you want to download.
- Right-click the downloaded ZIP-file and then click Extract All Files. Double-click the folder that has the same name as the downloaded file.
- The folder will contain a file named 3310.fd. Right-click this file and select Rename. Enter zg5ia32.fd as new filename.
- Copy thezg5ia32.fd and Flashit.exe files to the USB flash drive.
Use the following steps to to update the BIOS of the Aspire One A110 or A150:
- Plug in your AC adapter.
- Insert the USB flash drive into a USB port.
- Press and hold down the Fn and the ESC keys together and press the power button.
- When the power light lits, release the Fn and ESC keys. The power light will start to blink.
- Let the system run. After approximately 1 to 7 minutes, the system will restart and the BIOS will be updated.
DID THIS FIX THE PROBLEM?